CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 27, 2008




We hope everyone had a safe and Merry Christmas!!! Here is an update....mom was moved to the IMCU yesterday, it is an intermediate unit. The patients there don't need icu anymore but they need more care than the regular floor. She is making more progress now, it is still slow but at least it is something!! She doesn't need oxygen anymore, so no more SCARY masks!!! She can't cough on her own so that thing in her nose is what they put the suction tube in. We asked her today if she knew what happened to her and she nodded that she did. She makes frowning faces which I think means she is still trying to put everything together....it is a lot to comprehend I am sure! I am sure it is also frustrating to tell your body to do something and it doesn't respond!!! Well that is the update for today hopefully more progress to come!!!
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!! WE TRULY BELIEVE THEY HAVE HELPED US MAKE IT THIS FAR!!!!
We love you all and wish everyone has a Happy New Year!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Zmuda Family,

    I am sending thoughts and prayers to Janie and her family.

    I work with Janie at Center for the Arts, our paths crossing frequently, seeing her at one of the three venues we cover. I was not working at Abravanel the night Janie collapsed. I was shocked and saddened when I learned of it a few days later. Janie's coworker at Western, Annie, shared with me this blog address when I was asking Imogene if she had any news. I am glad to see Janie's making progress and still has her sense of humor. Please give her my love. I will continue to send my thoughts and prayers. I am sure many of our coworkers feel the same, full of caring for Janie yet feeling powerless as to what to do to help speed Janie's recovery. Please call on me if there is anything I can do. Do tell her we are thinking of her.

    Regards,
    Lisa Wilson

    ReplyDelete